Annual Yard Sale – more than just a car boot sale – what will you be doing on May 17?
This year the annual Yard Sale is on Sunday 17 May 2-5.00 pm.
Whether you are a regular or a first timer, renter or owner, we hope that you will set up a shop in your garden.
- What do I do if I want to take part?
Let us know as soon as possible what you might be planning to do to entice people into your garden whether its busking, baking or batik. (Contact details at bottom)
- What can I offer?
Anything you like which you think others will enjoy. A few ideas to get you thinking:
- second hand clothes, books, cds, household items, bric-a-brac – in fact anything you no longer want!
- arts or crafts
- homebaking, chutneys, jams or street food
- plants – outdoor or indoor
- face painting, badgemaking, or children’s lucky dip
- fortune telling or palm reading
- bunny hugging – or even people hugging!
- music, busking or dancing
- tombola or bottle stall
Just think out of the box!
- Do I have to do it on my own?
No – what fun is that. Involve your mates or get together with a neighbour and do something jointly. If you don’t know anybody who would like to do it with you let me know and we can try to put people together.
- What happens to the money I make?
Keep it. We just ask for 20% donation to the Stockbridge Colonies Residents Association to cover advertising and supporting other future activities.
Or collect for your favourite charity.
- What happens if the weather is bad?
Some people put up a tent, have some plastic sheeting handy – others move everything indoors. Alternatively let’s just hope the sun is shining.
My contact details
To let me know what you are doing – or if you want to talk about it before deciding to take part – email
(firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone me (0131 332 4821).
Keep the date free – 17 May – and tell all your friends and family to come along.